1 exuding a bodily fluid in profuse amounts; "his streaming face"; "her streaming eyes"
2 moving smoothly and continuously; "crowds flowing through the canyons of the streets"; "fan streaming into the concert hall" [syn: flowing]
3 (of liquids) moving freely; "a flowing brook" [syn: flowing] n : the circulation of cytoplasm within a cell [syn: cyclosis]
- Rhymes: -iːmɪŋ
- present participle of stream
- that streams
Stream may also refer to:
- Stream (computing), succession of data elements supplied over time
- Streams (networking API), a computer programming interface for implementing network devices on Unix System V
- Planet Stream, fictional planet in the Star Ocean universe
- Stellar stream, association of stars orbiting a galaxy
- Stream (film), 2007 film with William Sadler and Whoopi Goldberg
- "The Stream", a poem by Patti Smith from her 1978 book Babel
Streaming may refer to:
- Streaming (education), grouping students of similar academic ability
- Streaming media, multimedia data transferred in a stream of packets that are interpreted and rendered, in real time, by a software application as the packets arrive.
- Dynamic data, data that is asynchronously changed as further updates to information become available.
- Cyclosis, protoplasmic streaming within a cell.
streaming in German: Streaming
streaming in French: Stream
streaming in Italian: Stream
streaming in Japanese: ストリーム
streaming in Kazakh: Ағын
streaming in Korean: 스트림
streaming in Russian: Поток
streaming in Ukrainian: Потік
affluent, aglow, ascending, axial, back, back-flowing, backward, bagging, baggy, beaming, beamy, blinding, blushing, bright and sunny, burning, candescent, cat-and-doggish, confluent, coursing, dangling, decurrent, defluent, descending, diffluent, down-trending, downward, drifting, drippy, driving, drizzling, drizzly, drooping, drumming, easy, flapping, flowing, fluent, flushing, fluxional, fluxive, flying, gleaming, gleamy, glinting, glowing, going, gulfy, gushing, gyrational, gyratory, hanging, illuminant, incandescent, irradiative, lamping, lax, light as day, loose, luciferous, lucific, luciform, luminant, luminative, luminiferous, luminificent, luminous, lustrous, mazy, meandering, misty, misty-moisty, mizzly, mounting, orient, passing, pelting, plunging, pluvial, pluviose, pluvious, pouring, profluent, progressive, racing, radiant, rainy, reflowing, refluent, regressive, relaxed, retrogressive, rickety, rising, rotary, rotational, rotatory, running, rushing, rutilant, rutilous, serpentine, shaky, shining, shiny, showery, sideward, sinking, slack, sloppy, sluggish, soaring, starbright, starlike, starry, suffused, sunny, sunshiny, surging, surgy, tidal, up-trending, upward, vortical